Aloo Paratha (બટાટાનો છોડ પરાઠા, ਆਲੂ ਪਰਥ, ఆలూ పరాట, आलू पराठा) Parathas are whole wheat Indian flatbread. Parathas can be made plain or stuffed with many different fillings. This recipe uses the most popular filling Potatoes. Aloo Parathas are perfect for a weekend brunch.
Regional Dish : Gujarat; Punjab; Rajasthan; Karnataka; North India .
Cuisine Style : Gujarat | Cooking Time 35 minutes | Take with Yogurt | Type Breakfast or Dinner | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving (1nos)
Calories (214.7 K cal), Carbohydrates (38.1 g), Protein (6.6 g), Fat (5.5 g).
- Wheat flour 1cup
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Water as per requirement.
For Stuffing :
- Boiled and mashed Potatoes 2
- Small finely chopped Onion 1 (optional)
- Coriander leaves finely chopped 2 tbsp
- Green Chilies 1 or 2 (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds or powder
- Salt as per taste
- Butter / oil
- Make whole-wheat flour (atta) dough with salt and water and keep a side.
- To the mashed potatoes ,Add all the stuffing items expect oil and mix well .
- Now make same size balls of dough and stuffing mixture .
- Now roll the dough slightly and put one of the mashed potato mixture ball and seal it from all sides do for all dough balls .
- Now take each stuffed dough ball roll it out slowly using roller pin in to a pulka size but a bit thicker as it is having stffing
- Now fry them on tava on low flame till done , apply butter or oil on both the sides.
- Serve aloo paratha hot with yogurt (curd).
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Simple Parathas.