Aloo Methi Matar Malai (आलू मेथी मटर मलाई) It is a restaurant style of rich creamy gravy curry that is mild and can go well with warm naan, roti. It is rich in calories because it has potatoes, cream and butter at the same time has goodness of pea’s and fresh fenugreek leaves. Keep it just simple like this or can add more spice by using whole masala’s in the seasoning.
Regional Dish: North India
Cuisine Style : Haryana | Cooking Time 20 mins | Take it with naan/roti | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (85 Kcal), Carbohydrates (9 g), Protein (4g), Fat (4 g).
- 3 Boiled potatoes
- 1 cup of fresh fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 6 Crushed green chilies
- Peas 1 cup
- Fresh cream ½ packet ( 4 tbsp.)
- Crushed black pepper 1tsp.
- Butter 1tbsp.
- Oil 2tbsp.
- Salt as required
- Boil the potatoes, peel and mash them with the help of a fork
- Mix in 1 cup peas, 1 cup of fresh fenugreek leaves.
- Heat 2tbsp oil and melt in 1tbsp butter
- Add the potato, fenugreek leaves and peas mixture and sauté for a few minutes
- Add1 tsp. crushed black pepper,6 crushed green chilies and salt as required
- Cook for 5 minutes and pour ½ packet fresh cream
- Cook for 5 more minutes and serve the aloo methi matar malai with naan, roti or chapathi.
Variations: Use of Fresh cashew nut paste and poppy paste. Use of concentrated almond milk. Use whole masala’s.
No comments yet.