Aloo Bajji (బంగళ్ళదుంప బజ్జి, அலூ பஜ்ஜி, आलू बज्जी) Aloo bajji is a popular delicious snack which is prepared all over India. It is spicy and is a delicious evening snack and serves as a great appetizer for any party. You can serve bajji with coriander chutney or tomato sauce or any other hot sauce. Sambar and Coconut chutney are great too.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; Kerala;North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with green chutney | Type Snack | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 2nos)
Calories (80K cals), Carbohydrates (14g) , Protein(2g) Fat (1.5g)
- Potatoes cut into thin slices 3no
- Besan flour/gram flour 1/2 cup
- Rice flour 3 tbsp
- Baking soda 1 pinch
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste 1/2 tsp
- Oil for deep fry 1 cup
- Water for making batter
- Peel the skin off the potatoes and slice them to 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- Leave them in a bowl of cold water while you prepare the batter for bajjis.( to avoid browning)
- In a bowl, combine besan, rice flour, chilli powder, salt, baking soda with enough water to make a slightly thick and smooth batter.
- In a deep pan, heat oil till piping hot.
- Reduce the flame to medium.
- Dip each potato slice in the wet batter till well coated and gently drop into the oil.
- Fry all pieces to golden brown in small batches taking care of not over-crowding the pan.
- When the bajjis start turning golden brown in color, increase the flame and let them fry for another minute.
- Remove and drain on a kitchen towel.
- Serve hot with ginger or any hot sauce.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Aloo methi bajji.