Aloo Badami Masala (आलू बादामी मसाला) This aloo( potato) curry goes well with roti, chapathi which is rich in calories as lots of almonds go in it. This recipe can be made medium to hot.
Regional Dish: North India
Cuisine Style: Delhi | Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it with roti/ rice | Type Curry| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (125 Kcal), Carbohydrates (19 g), Protein (1.2g), Fat (6.8 g).
- Potatoes ½ kg
- Almond ground 100 gm.
- whole spices ( 2 cardamom, 4 cloves, 1 inch cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf, 4 pepper corns)
- Chili powder 1 tbsp.
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp.
- Ginger 1 piece ( juliennes to garnish)
- Coriander leaves a few to garnish
- Yogurt 250 gm. ( beaten)
- Fried brown onion 1
- Salt to taste
- Oil ¼ cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp.
- Peel ½ kg potatoes and cut into medium size pieces.
- Heat ¼ cup oil in a pan, add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and mix whole spices as required. Fry for a while.
- Now add chopped potatoes, 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp coriander powder and salt to taste. Fry well for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Now add 250 gm whipped yogurt and ½ cup water. Cover and cook for 15 – 20 minutes till potatoes are tender.
- Then add crushed brown onion and fry well on high flame.
- Also add ground almonds and mix well and cook for few more minutes .
- Dish it out, garnish with coriander leaves and ginger juliennes. Serve hot.