Aloo Kurma (ఆలూ కుర్మా, அழு குர்ம, आलू कुर्मा) Kurma is a mild curry sauce made with coconut cream and nuts.
Regional Dish : Andra Pradesh; Tamilnadu; Kerala; Karnataka; South India and North India; if its subcontinental dish.
Cuisine Style : Andra Pradesh| Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with chapati/rice | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 3 servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving: 1cup
Calories (297 Kcal), Carbohydrates (47.2 g), Protein ( 5.2 g), Fat (9.9 2 g).
- Potatoes – 3 no.m (cook until 1/2 done, remove skin and cut in to big pieces)
- Onions – 2 no. (chopped finely)
- Green chillies – 2 no.
- Tomatoes- 2 nos
- Yoghurt – 1 big spatula
- Water as needed
- Oil -3 tbs
- Ginger garlic paste 1tsp
- Shahjeera – 1 tsp
- Bayleaves – 2 nos
- Cardamom -2 nos
- Cloves -2 nos
- Cinnamon stick -2 pieces
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
- Fresh/ Frozen Coconut – 3 tbsp
- Heat a deep non-stick kadai add oil , heat it up. Add whole masalas such as shahjeera , bay leaves, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and fry until aroma comes.
- To this add ginger garlic paste ( make paste of poppy seeds and coconut) and add this paste and fry for a minute.
- Add coriander powder , cumin powder too , followed by onions , fry until they turn light brown in color.
- Add green chilies , potato pieces, tomato , turmeric , salt and chili powder , garam masala and check for taste. Add a cup of water and allow it to cook on medium flame .
- To the end add yogurt mix well and garnish with coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve with any type of rice or rotis
Other variants Cuisine Style : Potato Kurma with heavy cream , with cashew nut paste