Agar Agar Burfi (अगर अगरबर्फी) is one of the easiest burfi that can be made in no time. It’s a burfi that is sweet, cold and also looks and taste like jelly.
Regional Dish: North India, South India
Cuisine Style: Nouth Indian | Cooking Time 60 mins | Take it as such | Type Sweetl |Quantity 8 servings| Shelf Life : refrigerated than for 4 days.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving (2nos)
Calories (250Kcal), Carbohydrates (45 g), Protein (8 g), Fat (12g).
- Milk : ½ liter or 500 ml which is equal to 2 cups.
- China Grass/Agar Agar : 25 gms
- Khova/Mawa/Condensed Milk: 100gms
- Essence of your choice ( vanilla, rose, kesar, orange flower, almond, cardamom powder ) 1 tsp.
- Sugar : ½ cup
- Water : 1 cup
- Chopped pistachios, almonds and cashews – 1/2 cup
- Boil water and add china grass to it, stir for 5 minutes till it gets dissolved completely.
- To the above china grass dissolved water add mawa and keep stirring to prevent from burning and to avoid lumps.
- Once mava gets melted, add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Now add sugar, essence.
- Meanwhile, grease a mold with some butter and pour the boiling milk in to the greased mold.
- Garnish with finely chopped nuts of choice.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes then refrigerate until served.
- Before serving cut it in to desired shapes and serve chilled.
- This sweet “ Burfi” can be adapted or modified according to once like . It can never go wrong.
Variations: One can use whole milk and avoid mava. We can use condensed milk more and avoid sugar. We can also try with other flavors like milk with other fruit juices of mango, pine apple, orange, jasmin, chocolate. We can garnish with nuts or mix the nuts in the milk.