Achari Gosht (गोश अचार) is made with lots of red chilies that we use for pickles. It is cooked in yogurt and the achari masala made out of whole red chilies that can be prepared at home with ease. This dish in mostly prepared during Eid in muslim communities.
Regional Dish: Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Pakistan, Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh.
Cuisine Style: Delhi| Cooking Time 45mins | Take it Pulo/ naan| Type Curry| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (290Kcal), Carbohydrates (8g), Protein (18g), Fat (20g)
• Mutton ½ kg
• Yogurt ½ kg
• Onion 1
• Ginger (chopped) 1 tbsp.
• Garlic (chopped) 1 tbsp.
• Achar Gosht Masala 2 tbsp. ( This masala preparation is listed below )
• Oil 5 tbsp.
• Salt to taste
1. Take oil in a deep bottom pan and add 1 tbsp. ginger, 1 tbsp. garlic and 1 onion and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add in ½ kg mutton and cook it. Add some water in it so that the meat tenders.
3. Take ½ kg yogurt in a bowl; add in 2 tbsp. achar gosht masala and some salt in it.
4. Put it in the pan and Cook it well. Add in water, cover the pan and let it cook. Once cooked dish it out and serve.
Achar Gosht Masala
• Whole red chilies 50 gm.
• Fennel seeds 1 tbsp.
• Mustard seeds 1 tbsp.
• Cumin seeds 1 tbsp.
• Nigella seeds 1 tbsp.
• Fenugreek seeds ½ tsp.
• Carom seeds ½ tsp.
1. Dry roast all the ingredients and grind them. This masala is for 2 kg meat.
No comments yet.