Achari Daal (अचारी दाल) This is a spicy daal, as it has lots of achar (pickle) that we add. This daal is very good with hot hot steamed rice and roti on any winter evenings which spices the taste buds. We can use any pickle that we have in home.
Regional Dish: North India
Cuisine Style: Punjab | Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it with rice/ roti | Type Curry | Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity : 3 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (215 Kcal), Carbohydrates (19 g), Protein (4.6 g), Fat (2.5 g).
- Gram lentil (soaked) 250 gm ( channa dal)
- Tomatoes chopped 2
- Onion chopped 2
- Coriander leaves 1 tbsp.
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp.
- Vegetable pickle 3 tbsp.
- Chili powder 1 tsp.
- Coriander seeds ½ tsp.
- All spice powder ½ tsp.
- Turmeric ¼ tsp
- Onion seeds ¼ tsp
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add 2 chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste, 2 chopped tomatoes, 1 tsp. chili powder, ¼ tsp. turmeric, ¼ tsp. onion seeds and ½ tsp. coriander powder. Fry well for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Now add 250 gm. soaked gram lentils, salt to taste and 1 – 1 ½ glass of water. Cook on low flame till lentil is tender.
- Lastly add ½ tsp. allspice and 3 tbsp. mix pickle, slightly mash and dish it out.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp. coriander leaves and serve hot.